- Especially in cases where the breasts are different from each other, the size of the bra of women deteriorates, undermines self-confidence, and situations that affect the comfort of clothing and life arise.
- Breast asymmetry can occur in men as in women, and this condition can be solved by planning treatment by specialist doctors.
- Asymmetric differences between the two breasts can occur due to birth, developmental, accident, or undergoing surgery. Breast asymmetry can also occur after breastfeeding. If it occurs in any way, the asymmetric situation between the breast and the operations to be performed by the plastic surgery specialist can be corrected.
- Breast asymmetry can sometimes be caused by the fact that the size of one breast is noticeably larger than the other, while in most cases the location and shape of the nipples are different. In some cases, there is no breast tissue in one of the breasts.
- Although breast asymmetry surgery does not have any difficulties for the patient, it is one of the most difficult surgeries in plastic surgery.
Breast asymmetry is the name given to a situation where breast sizes are smaller or larger than each other. Minimal differences in organs found in pairs in our body, such as ears, eyes, breasts, hands, feet, are considered natural, but significant differences in size and shape are seen as asymmetries.
- In order to maintain breast asymmetry in the long term, each breast is intervened using different techniques. It is important to perform this operation by specialized plastic surgery specialists who can apply these different techniques.
For the satisfaction and happiness of the patient after surgery, pre-operation planning should be done well. Breast asymmetry surgery before the doctor’s examination of the patient is photographed, if necessary, different sizes and shapes of breast prostheses are experimented with.
- In most breast asymmetry operations, intervention is required in both breasts. In some cases, the asymmetry can be eliminated only by applying breast implants of different sizes and heights, while in some advanced cases, it may be necessary to place a breast prosthesis on one breast and on the other breast.
- Although breast size and shape may look similar in the early period after surgery, significant differences may occur in the long term. Another approach is to remove more tissue from the large breast to prevent this condition and apply a breast prosthesis here. Although not very often, in advanced cases, small corrections to the breasts may be required after six months.