- For different reasons, breasts can be structurally small. One breast may be smaller or asymmetrical than the other. Any of the innate breasts may not be at all.
- Although breast augmentation operations were performed using the person’s own tissues to make the breasts equal or increase the volume of the breast, the results were limited. Instead, the preferred method of breast augmentation operations today is silicone (implant) prostheses.
- Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure performed for reasons such as enlarging women’s breasts, correcting their asymmetric shape, or increasing breast fullness. This procedure is performed by inserting silicone, saline prosthesis or other alternative implants into the chest muscles or breast tissue.
- Each prosthesis has its own advantages and disadvantages. Before breast augmentation surgery, the doctor and the patient should talk in detail and decide together which one to use.
Breasts (breasts) are an important organ that complements the physical structure in the appearance of the body of women. Breast volume, shoulder width, chest circumference, waist and hip circumference are important measurements. A deficiency in the natural appearance of the body is found when the breast volume is small.
What is a Silicone Breast Implant?
- Products containing silicone are also used for other purposes in the cosmetic industry and medicine. Breast implants are balloon-like structures prepared in The Shape of a breast.
- Round and anatomically called drop-shaped ones are available. One of them is selected in accordance with the situation in the woman’s breast.
- The balloon part is made of silicone; the surface of the prosthesis is made rough to adapt to the tissues in the body. There may be a difference in the substances that fill the inside of the balloon.
Breast Implants Used Today Can Be Called
- a. Inside the bubble, the outer surface of which is silicone, there is again a gel of silicone origin .These are made ready-to-use in a variety of sizes. It received FDA approval again in November 2006 by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration ) in the United States.
- b. The silicone bubble is hollow.Gel-filled (gel-filled) : those filled with Serum physiolgik (Saline-filIed): during surgery, they are filled with saline, popularly known as salt water, until the desired volume is achieved. Recently, it has been reported that ready-to-use ones have been manufactured .
- c. PVP: in the same way, the inside of the silicone bubble is filled with a chemical called PVP (polyvinyl pyrrolidone povidone). Gel consistency and ready to use . It has been reported that it has been withdrawn from the market by the manufacturer.
- d. Soy oil: the inside of the silicone balloon is filled with soy oil, ready-to-use prosthetics. The area of use is new. There is not much information about remote consequences.