- Breasts can grow for structural or hormonal reasons. Breast reduction surgery is a breast reduction and lift procedure performed after breast development has completed.
- A detailed examination and exchange of information should be performed before breast reduction surgery.
- It should be questioned whether there has been a breast operation or infection, whether there is a mass in the breast, and whether the growth is due to a hormonal cause.
- Depending on age, mammography and, if necessary, breast ultrasound may be required. After deciding on breast surgery, preoperative examinations are performed, which should be routine.
- Breast reduction surgery can be considered in people who have stopped growing and do not have a hormonal disease.
- According to the size of the breasts, the structure of the rib cage and skin characteristics, the surgical technique is determined. In all techniques, the breast is reduced and erect at the same time.
Depending on the overall structure of your rib cage and body, your breasts may be large. For this reason, sometimes no matter how much weight you lose, you may look overweight due to the size of your breasts. Breast reduction surgery is basically an aesthetic operation. Sometimes due to its size, it can cause back, neck and shoulder pain, hump, watering, redness and bad smell in the area under the breast. The size of the breast with breast reduction surgery you can get rid of these problems from arising in.
- This operation, which can be performed with many techniques, is performed with the most “vertical mammoplasty” technique in the whole world. This operation is performed under general anesthesia. It takes 2.5-3 hours on average and requires 1-2 nights of hospital stay.
- 6 after surgery. you can start feeding per hour and get up and walk. During the operation, thin vacuum pipes called drains are used to collect blood and serum leaks, and after 1-2 days the drains are removed. In the first days, arm movements need to be limited.
- After 1 Week, you can return to work.
The marks on the breast will remain red for a few months and gradually fade. It will be 3 months after the breasts take their final shape.
- Problems such as bleeding, infection and wound decomposition can rarely occur in the early period after surgery.